UNESCO YOUNG PROFESSIONAL PROGRAMME 2018
Written by George Grant on May 15, 2018
The Grenada National Commission for UNESCO announced the launch of the UNESCO Young Professional Programme 2018, which is aimed at enriching and diversifying UNESCO, by attracting young talented professionals to the Secretariat.
Candidates must meet the following criteria:
- Be a national of non-represented, or under presented Member State of UNESCO (Grenada)
- Be no older than thirty-two years of age at 31 December 2018, i.e. not born before January 1, 1986
- Be a holder of an advanced university degree, preferably with a specialization, or a major in the following areas:
Educational Science; Public Policy; Natural and Basic Science; Cultural Heritage; Social and Human Sciences; Communication and Information; International Relations and Political Science; Economics; International Cooperation and Development; Public and International Law; Business Administration; Finance, Accounting; Computer Science; Knowledge Management and Information Technology
4. Have excellent knowledge of English, or French. Knowledge of both working languages is an asset.
Besides the above criteria, the selection will be based on the organization’s core values — integrity, professionalism, respect for diversity, and commitment to UNESCO’s mandate. A relevant first professional experience will be an asset, but is not an essential requirement.
The selected candidates, if successful through all the stages of the application process, will be appointed as UNESCO staff members on an initial one year fixed term contract P1/P2 level. Assignments will be either at Headquarters (Paris), or in a Field Office.
Interested candidates are asked to submit a Curriculum Vitae, using a freestyle template of maximum two pages, along with copies of university certificates, in order to be considered for pre-selection, NO LATER THAN JULY 18, 2018, to the:
Grenada National Commission for UNESCO
Ministry of Education, Human Resource Development & Religious Affairs
Tel: 473 440 2737/440 3162
- Only shortlisted candidates will be contacted.
- In the framework of the papersmart policy applied by UNESCO, eligible candidates are asked to submit applications electronically.